by Purple Technology and Alex Chaffee
I've created lots of useful (and useless) bits of Java code to help me with various software projects. In the spirit of Open Source, I'm making my com.purpletech libraries available for public use. I expect that these packages will be useful mostly as sample code, but if anyone finds them valuable enough to include whole-hog in a project, that would be cool too.
The Terms: Do whatever you like with this code, free of charge, just give credit where credit is due. If you improve it, please send your improvements to email@example.com. Check http://www.purpletech.com/code/ for the latest version and news. A full, legal version of the license is available elsewhere on this page, and should also be in the top of each source file. Note that even if a particular source file happens to be missing the text of the license, the license still applies.
Technical Details: The code is available for download in three parts:
Individual jar files for individual packages will probably not be made available; however, you are welcome to divide it up yourself if you need to. If you're not writing an applet, though, you should probably just keep the jar files as downloaded, since that will allow you to just plug in updated versions.
You can also browse the files on-line:
Third Party Libraries: Other noble hackers have made lots of good code. Some of these libraries are required by mine. Others are just cool.
* Copyright (c) 1995-2000 Purple Technology, Inc. All rights
* PLAIN LANGUAGE LICENSE: Do whatever you like with this code, free
* of charge, just give credit where credit is due. If you improve it,
* please send your improvements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check
* http://www.purpletech.com/code/ for the latest version and news.
* LEGAL LANGUAGE LICENSE: Redistribution and use in source and binary
* forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that
* the following conditions are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above
* copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following
* disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided
* with the distribution.
* 3. The names of the authors and the names "Purple Technology,"
* "Purple Server" and "Purple Chat" must not be used to endorse or
* promote products derived from this software without prior written
* permission. For written permission, please contact
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHORS AND PURPLE TECHNOLOGY ``AS
* IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
* LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
* FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
* AUTHORS OR PURPLE TECHNOLOGY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
* INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
* (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR
* SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,
* STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
* ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED
* OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.